Cost

CLM7
Visitor

Hi,

I have been with EE for many years now, however after looking at other services they are much cheaper. How do I cancel my sim only plan!?

5 REPLIES 5
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @CLM7 ,

Welcome to the community,

If you want to move to another network, you will need to get a PAC code from EE to give to your new provider, the latter is best done once you have the new SIM card from your new provider, that is giving the PAC code. You can apply for the PAC now, it is valid for 30 days.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @CLM7 

Welcome to the community.

We'd love you to stay. It may be worth having a chat with our Mobile Care team to see what we can offer, before you decide to leave.

Chris

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@CLM7  If your still within that contract term you’ll be required to pay off that contract should you decide to change networks. 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@CLM7 : If you want to keep your number, text PAC to 65075. It will respond with your PAC & how much you will have to pay in Early Termination Fees if you are still within your min term. Give the PAC to new provider. This will have the effect of cancelling your EE contract but you may be liable to pay early termination fees.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

EE has never claimed to be the cheapest network, but does generally have greater coverage and better data speeds than competitors.

Make sure of coverage & service levels with any possible new provider before porting your number, as extricating yourself (should it be necessary) will be harder after a port. Trialling using a PAYG SIM in all the areas you frequent, is a good way of doing this.