cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract & Billing isssues after cancelling a mis-sold product.

Justyna88
Investigator
Investigator

Hello everybody

I need to raise this topic as someone might be in the same situation in the future.

EE customer here for 6 years now. Got 3 sim cards and paying £51 a month, England.

Called EE customer service on Monday 15.04.2024. Wanted to order Mobile Broadband as it's more convenient. No drilling, no cables, just plug in the sim card to modem and off you go. The gentleman I spoke to offered me Home Broadband Fibre as he said there is no need to drill and lay cables in my property. I wasn't sure about that but he insisted that I will only have to plug in modem to the eletric socket and no cables will be needed. So I did accept the offer. He also changed my all existing plans to my surprise.

The next day I called the EE to double check if this Fibre Broadband is really cable-free. You can imagine how the lady was surprised when I explained to her that this kind of product was sold to me on previous day. We managed to cancel Home Broadband and I ordered Mobile Broadband as I originally wanted. Since then all my sim cards are now £33 each which makes my bill over £100 and since Wednesday noone really can help me. Everyone I call on 150 give me different information about my plans and billing costs.

Today I called again and the lady was very sorry to hear that and she rasied formal complain ID23081393 and promised to call me on Monday around 1 P.M. I'm exhausted calling 150 every day.

Because of 1 guy mistake and mis-sold a product I didn't want, I'm now facing bills over £100. Everyone is sorry on 150 but noone can really help me resolve the issue. Every product I paid for before went roughly 300% up and noone can give me clear information and instructions on 150.

I will update my situation on Monday 22th of April here in this topic.

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Have you looked at the breakdown of your bill to see what you've been charged for? It can't have gone from £51 to £99 without something extra being added in.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Bill breakdown doesn't work, there is an error occuring on the website everytime I want to check. That's another reason I need to call 150 every single time.

I used to pay:

Sim 1 - roughly £10

Sim 2 - roughly £10

Sim 3 - roughly £30

Because the guy added Home Broadband every single  sim card went to £33 each !!! And I'm doing everything I can do undo his damage to my account !

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @Justyna88

Thanks for coming here. 

I am very sorry to hear this has happened. 

It's great to hear that this is being looked into and should hopefully be resolved when you receive a call back on Monday.

In the meantime, if have any further queries please do not hesitate to ask.

Katie

Justyna88
Investigator
Investigator

Hello there. Quick update.

The lady - Kelly who I spoke to on Fridays and who promised to call me back on Monday 22.04.2024 did not call me. Waited till nearly 3pm.

Called 150 again, spoke to Sam who apologized to me, then he did not want me put through to Contracts and Billing customer service. He asked me to wait as he called them himself but sadly after 20 mins of waiting our phone call was disconnected.

So I called 150 again, spoke to another lad who yet again did not put me through to Contracts and Billing customer service. Then he phoned them up and got back to me, saying all the 3 sim card contract I used to have can not be rolled back to old plans. And only few days ago I was promised by other customer service people that they were rolling them back. He also tried to sell me another home broadband product.

So every time I call, I receive different information. I have 3 PAC numbers for 3 of my sim cards and got 7 more days to cancel the 4th sim card. If by tomorrow the situation will not be resolved by EE it is my time to go as a 6 year loyal customer.

Will update this topic tomorrow. Have a nice day all.