cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still being charged for an old contract from 3 years ago!

drex90
Explorer

I have only just noticed that I have been being charged £21.47 for the past 3-4 years by EE each month, even though my contract finished years ago. This sim has not been touched or used in any way since the contract finished. 

Can anyone help me with how to approach EE about this? 

4 REPLIES 4
bristolian
Legend
Legend

It's a popular misconception that mobile contracts "end" - if that were so, the associated SIM would lose all service because you'd have given cancellation notice.

Your minimum term may have finished several years ago, but your service has continued in the meantime - whether you used it is of no concern to EE.

Have you not checked your bank statements in the past 3-4 years, how else have you not noticed these regular payments going out|? You can give cancellation notice by contacting EE CS, which will take effect 30days later,

Thank you for the reply.

But no need for the "have you not checked your bank statement" and "how have you not noticed" comments though. I have seen this snobby attitude a lot on this EE "community" and it isn't helpful at all!

Clearly it just hasn't been noticed....hence why I have posted on here. 

@drex90  to terminate a contract, you need to give notice they don’t just finish on the minimum term date otherwise you could end up being cut off, this would not be good if you was abroad and this was to happen. 

@drex90 wrote:

Clearly it just hasn't been noticed....hence why I have posted on here. 

I've known many users miss payments for a handful of months, but you mentioned 3-4 years which is going some!! Hence the query over whether there was any other reason.

It's a question likely to be asked by any CS agent in a conversation on the subject.