cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Request! why is EE refusing to send me a copy of my signed contract?

L08
Visitor

I want some help. I spoke to EE customer service on the phone to request a copy of my contract and the customer service rep said no I cant do that. I asked why , and he refused to give me a reason and just kept saying no I cant do that. it breaches data protection. 

I dont understand how it breaches data protecton to send me a copy of my own contract! There was another post that said I need to call EE and they will send me my contract. that was said by an EE reresentative, and thats why I called them but now this representative on the phone is refusing to send me contract! I want to know why EE is holding my contract and my details hostage! why am I not able to see the contract that I signed? surely I should be able to request a copy of this as its my information that was used to signed the contract? 

1 REPLY 1
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@L08  When did you take out this contract?  If it was recently then it’ll be on your EE account.   And yes customer service can send you a copy of the contract and no it’s not a breach of data protection or the GDPR as it’s your contract.    If it’s not on your account then call again and hopefully you’ll get someone who knows what there doing.