cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add an additional line via My EE

davemcnamara
Investigator
Investigator

I've been trying for the last 3 days to add a Samsung watch to my account having just upgraded to a Samsung phone.

I don't know if it's me by EE just seem to be getting worse, when I can't do something as basic as buy a watch and plan online.

When I try, I get a message that I can't add an additional line and to call customer services (yet I could add one through add to plan)

I've called Customer Services several times (over 15 min wait each time) only to be told I've got a "really good credit class and can have 4 additional lines on my account" and when Customer Services try (I called selecting option 4) they can't add it either and keep telling me they're "refreshing the system"

Seriously, how hard is it? If I was still within my 14 days I'd cancel the upgrade and go elsewhere!

7 REPLIES 7
davemcnamara
Investigator
Investigator

Tried again this morning, can't add an additional line, so it begins again, ringing EE,  waiting to get through,  being fobbed off and told I've got a high credit class and that I can have 4 additional lines.

I've been with EE a while now, never missed a payment, had 3 add to plan accessories all paid off and I can't even do something as simple as order a watch

EE quick enough to put their prices up though!

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @davemcnamara 

I am sorry to hear this. 

If you can call us the team can get your account looked into and raise a support ticket if needed for your My EE account to get this sorted. 

Leanne.

davemcnamara
Investigator
Investigator

Thanks, I called this morning and spent another half an hour on the phone trying to place an order with someone who clearly didn't want to be there. Told me I couldn't have the watch delivered to my work address despite my upgrade phone being delivered there 3 weeks ago, refused to try a store delivered, so had to call back yet again and make a complaint 

Second complaint in 2 weeks after not being given the discount I was promised. 

I've never had any problems with EE, but these last few weeks, everything has just been hard work, I hope this isn't indicative of things to come as I won't renew my contract in 2 years

Leanne_T

Sorry to hear this has happened when you called @davemcnamara 

I hope you get this sorted once the complaint has been looked into. 

Leanne.

davemcnamara
Investigator
Investigator

I've got it sorted after 3 hours on the phone just to place an order

Still today, I can't add anything additional on my account despite Customer Services telling me to the contrary.

I've tried on multiple devices and multiple browsers and Customer Services just aren't interested in helping or even looking into why the EE website and App is so broken

EE charge more than other networks, you can't upgrade through a third party. Don't think I'll be renewing in 2 years time when my contract up

In the last week I’ve opened a contract for a Samsung galaxy s24 ultra for my mum and was wonder when my months wait is up will I have to ring to add my additional line or can I do this in my local EE store? And also how do I know when I can add a new line will I get notified of the chance to add this new line?

Many thanks

Amber Franklin

Katie_B

Hi @Amberfranklinmk

Thanks for coming here. 

If you wish to take an additional line this can be done over the phone, online or by visiting your local EE Store with photo ID. 

You will not receive notification when your account is eligible, however, our customer care team on 150 will be happy to check. 

Katie 🙂