Bills

Ulllass59
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi all

My bills going up. It started put 18 months ago about 28 quid. Now it will be over 40. I really can't afford it too. Wat can I do.  Its going g up £4. Along will all my other bills going up top.  I am 64 disabled and don't work. Is there away of reducing it gor senior  citizens please. Thanks 

16 REPLIES 16
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

It'll be the contractual Annual Price Changes on EE . Last year it was 14.4%; this year 7.9%.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Ulllass59 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

If you’re experiencing financial difficulties and are struggling to pay, please give us a call on 150 from your EE phone or 0800 956 6000 and our mobile guides will certainly see what they can do to help.

For more support please see our Help if you have problems paying your bill, Help page. 

Leanne.

@Ulllass59  Your figures don’t work out.  18 months ago at £28 a price increase of 14.9% ( last year ) equals £32.17 and an increase of 7.9% ( this year ) means it’s  £34.71.   Not sure how you got to £40.    If you have out of allowance charges you need to check what you are being charged for and keep tabs on what you are calling. 

Ulllass59
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

It was a guess my contracts up this sept. I did manage a bit 9f a discount as I jave berm with ee overv20 years and z senior citizen.  It was a tough guess 

Ulllass59
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

K pay a bot under 40 quid now its going up 3 of 4 quid. Dknt ask me how I got to that amount aak ee. Soon ad I got my phone they put my bill up and up again. 

@Ulllass59  Look at what I’ve written.   
£28 had a 1.4.9% increase so that’s now £32.17.  (Last  year 2023 ). £32.17 has now had a 7.9% increase so that’s now £34.71.   

the only way to get close to £40 (£38.49) if you had this contract and received the 2022 price increase and that was 10.9%. 

when did you take this out ?      Are you eligible to upgrade this can be to a cheaper tariff ?  What reply do you get it you text UPGRADE to 150 ? 

Ulllass59
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I am.not till Sept. I cant afford an up front cost . Why dp k need to look at what I have Written. If u mean typos I'm hands r arthritic.  So I am.sorry for them. Its a rough guess ok. If I hD wanted a 40 quid of more contract I would have  got  one.  Now I am well oberb60 may be I cant get one cheaper now. I won't go sim.only too. Phones not that great. Right now . 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Ulllass59

If you are struggling to pay please give us a call, our customer care team will be able to look into this further for you and see what they can do to help. 

Katie

Ulllass59
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I do know I have a contract I aint stupid. I eill give ee a call. Wat peas me off is I do t get a good signal when at home. According too ee j luve in an old house yup so thats why. Thousands of people do. Why should we pay the increase when most times I cant get a signal. I dont want to use WiFi calling too. Right now I bearly have a signal.