cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid for insurance but EE say they don't have a replacement model

dsgffdsgdsfrgds
Investigator
Investigator

Sigh, why does no one deliver on what you pay for them any more?

Calling to replace my iphone SE as it's damaged and am told that a replacement is no longer in stock and they don't know when it will be. 'Days? Months? Years?' I ask. 'I'm afraid I can't tell you.'

They're offering an iphone 13, that I didn't want to begin with (too big) and still don't want now.

Why do I pay the (full) insurance if they can't deliver on it?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dsgffdsgdsfrgds
Investigator
Investigator

Update: EE have kindly furnished me with a new replacement of the same model. Worth not settling for less than you would expect in these situations, despite what advice you might receive. 👍

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@dsgffdsgdsfrgds : Cuz your insurance will stipulate that it'll replace with the same or similar equivalent model.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I did think some genius would point that out. 

And obviously nothing in my post suggested they are operating out of their t and c's.

But over the many years I've had a phone, and the occasional times I've needed a replacement, I've got a like for like replacement. 
Is it similar? The iphone 13 is far bigger than the SE. 

Obviously, it's too much to ask for EE to have phones in stock that it provides insurance for, or at least to be able to give a basic timescale of when the stock is due. This is is EE not your local phone shop.

@dsgffdsgdsfrgds    Your insurance that you agreed to does state”.  The replacement mobile phone will be the same or similar specification, but it may be a different model.  

At no point is it listed as a like for like. 

it also states that “ the replacement will be from refurbished stock that has been tested and is fully functional. It will come with ether with the remaining period of the manufactures warranty from the original mobile phone or with a 30 day warranty from EE, which ever is longer.  

so basically if EE have not  got no refurbished iPhone SE of the same model spec that you’ve got then they can’t offer you one as a replacement and they can offer you something else as per the insurance agreement.    If you don’t want what’s offered then thats on you,   No point in criticising because you’re not prepared to accept what’s being offered.   The issue is with you not EE.  

Can I ask, do you have any affiliation to ee or gain any benefit to commenting in their defence?

It's just your response makes me ask that question. I haven't used these forums so I don't quite understand the deal with them

I'm sure the conditions are just as you quote them, but as I say, the few times I've had to replace a phone in my lifetime, I've received a like for like, and I must say that was my expectation. I would have thought that if they didn't have the model currently, they could at the very least give me a reasonable timescale of when to expect it. As far as I'm concerned, the replacement being offered isn't 'similar' because my main priority was size of phone and the 13 is far larger than the SE. 

But I guess you consider all that my 'issue'. I consider it good basic customer service after paying for insurance for all this time.

@dsgffdsgdsfrgds  I’m a customer just like you and what I posted was from insurance documents that I have.   Like I said the replacement device is from refurbished stock if they don’t have any they cannot give you one so they offered you the closest model type to what you have now as per the insurance agreement.      

You might want look at THIS  and compare them to each other.  

Or you’ll have to simply wait until they do have one they can send you.  

dsgffdsgdsfrgds
Investigator
Investigator

Update: EE have kindly furnished me with a new replacement of the same model. Worth not settling for less than you would expect in these situations, despite what advice you might receive. 👍