cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill price not as promised

JamesAwilkinson
Explorer

So I was contacted by EE, trying too upgrade my pay as you go package. After a little over ten minutes of the woman trying to convince me its a good Idea, she offered me a new deal, she said because I've been with EE for a while, I can get a better package with a discount which would actually be lower than my now £15 a month. So obviously I agreed to the new deal, my first bill comes around and it's more than my usual charge. I thought this might be just because it's a new deal and with change in payment dates it was calculating my payment. Turns out I was wrong my now monthly price is £17.50 a month. Trying to contact EE is a pain. So I think I might end up just finding a new provider.

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@JamesAwilkinson  Your are billed between the bill being generated and for the month ahead.  Your first bill will always be slightly more on the first bill.   Have you looked at your bill breakdown?  

@JamesAwilkinson : Paying particular attention to the dates covered.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I know this. As I mentioned, u understood the first payment may be more but the second and third payment are the same.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @JamesAwilkinson 

Welcome to the community.

You mentioned that the person you spoken to said there would be a discount. Is the discount showing on your account and on the bill?

Chris

@JamesAwilkinson  Was the monthly payment with or without vat and maybe that is what has been added?

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.