cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Benn with EE just 1 Month and already an INCREASE in monthly payment!!!

Wolf1957
Explorer

So on 18th February 2023 i purchased an Unlimited Data Sim from an EE shop on a Month by Month Direct Debit at £35 per month. 

Today i have received a letter stating that my monthly charge will increase by £5.04 per month as this is the Annual Increase??

Surely this is not right ? 

Looks like i will be cancelling my DD and saying go F*** yourself to EE

Anybody having similar issue

4 REPLIES 4
Gareth43
Problem solver
Problem solver

That sounds right to me, you should have waited till after March 1st to get that deal and you would have missed the annual pay increase this year. All mobile tariffs go up each April according to inflation plus 3.9% I believe it is. This years is roughly around 14%. Some mobile operators are putting there’s up by 17% and most mobile operators do this.  There is a select few MVNO that don’t increase prices but not many. Also it would of been in the terms and conditions you signed to get the contract

G Alston
iPhone 15 Pro Max
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

Go ahead cancel your DD but enjoy having no credit rating left to get another contract further down the line. Enjoy getting knocks on your door by debt collectors.

You agreed to the increases by signing the contract BUT I do agre the 14% is a stupid amount and should not be so much especially for me where they have DEGRADED my signal in my area for everyone here. The only solution they gave me rather they find the fault and fix it was to leave EE

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

"Enjoy getting knocks on your door by debt collectors" what sort of a  statement was that to make. 

Already cancelled my Monthly SIM so I haved no 'lengthy contract' which is why i took it out.

As for my credit rating, as i do not buy anything 'on the knock' like you, i have no fear of the big bad wolf turning up at any of my several homes to reclaim goods.

Do some revision before making rash statements.

Revision? If you refuse to pay something you actually owe you are subject to bad credit ratings no matter how many homes you say you own (which is irrelevant really don't know why you think I care about that) and if you refuse to pay up for some time debt collectors will be used who will first try and gain payment by contacting you. Then if that doesn't work they come knocking on your door.

It's fact its not a rash comment and no revision needed. It what happens.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below