cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being labelled abusive

Profile closed
Not applicable

I have had signal problems with EE for quite some time now, a mast went down close by and it was fixed, since it was fixed my signal has been awful. I asked for a reduction in bill, EE refused to honour. I stopped paying the bill. They get nearly £200 a month out of me, the service has become very poor. Allegedly their signal problems are not their problem unless a mast is actively broken... well it was! I have tried to resolve with EE to no avail. I'm currently in a mental health crisis and EE keep cutting my network off. I have paid £250 off the balance on the account to stay connected, not good enough. They want me to speak to payments in the middle of a mental health crisis? Not a good idea. I asked the exec team for a grace period so I can be more stable to speak to them. Nope, wouldn't allow it, just kept giving me other options such as the ombudsman or pay as you go option kept saying "if I don't want to speak to payments." I said multiple times it's not that I don't want to, it's just I'm not in the right head space to do this. Currently in severe m/h crisis and need to be able to keep in contact with crisis phone number and m/h support to help prevent s/h and for my safety. He still wouldn't accept that I'm unwell and kept pushing and pushing and saying my phone would he suspended. I am already in crisis, being totally dismissed, unheard, no empathy there at all, once again he said my phone would be cut off again in 24hrs... I became incredibly upset and told him that if I unalive myself it would be on EE if I couldn't get through to crisis intervention for help (keep in mind several times I said its not that I don't want to speak to payments team, I'm just not in the right space to do that) anyway now I'm being labeled as abusive by EE for saying that if anything bad happens its on them... this is incredibly hurtful and has made me feel awful. I'm for from abusive, I am in crisis, I am quite literally unwell and EE are well aware of that fact but literally still forced me to speak to them to try and keep my services active. You'd think they'd have some sort of grace period for this but that's not an option apparently. I have been a loyal customer for well over a decade, probably 13+ years, paid them thousands and thousands of pounds over the years, now I'm really unwell and needing a bit of time to get better and be in the right space to speak to payments team, that's not allowed, I must speak to them and work out payments while I'm in a crisis instead, it's dangerous! And apparently if you feel a certain type of way, you're abusive... maybe if the service wasn't so terrible I wouldn't have stopped paying the bill.

4 REPLIES 4
bristolian
Legend
Legend

@Profile closed wrote:

I have had signal problems with EE for quite some time now, a mast went down close by and it was fixed, since it was fixed my signal has been awful. I asked for a reduction in bill

EE need to have been given an opportunity to rectify the issue, and identify whether a fault was the cause or an intentional change in network config.

Withholding contractual payments and not following due process, rarely makes situations better.

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Profile closed   What’s time spent got to do with your contractual agreement with EE ?     From reading the above you want everything your way.  Sorry it doesn’t work like that.    You want a grace period before speak with them and you want a reduction in price because you say you have poor signal.  WiFi calling perhaps?      You’re not on the right head space to speak with those who could help but you are in the right frame of mind to post on here for complete strangers to read about this.       You couldn’t be more wrong about yourself. 

Sorry for sounding blunt but that’s exactly my first impression of this.  

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Profile closed,

I've sent you a private message. Please check your community inbox and get back to me when you can.

Thanks

James

Profile closed
Not applicable

I think you've entirely misunderstood. At the time of writing this post, I was no longer in a crisis but thanks for your input.