cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be very careful when adding roaming packages - I've been overcharged

kaz951
Explorer

I recently travelled to a country with very high data and call charges so decided to go for a roaming package. The package was for 120 minutes for £26.00.

I added it onto my account about a week before I travelled and then checked my account a couple of days later to check that it was showing. It was not. I added it again.

Turns out that it was added twice but my account did not show this. This has meant that I actually purchased 240 for £52.00. I have raised this and complained that I have been overcharged and been told, tough. Basically no refund, go away.

As a new customer to EE, not impressed so far and will be looking into moving elsewhere.

4 REPLIES 4
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @kaz951 

Welcome to the community.

I'm not sure why that add-on wouldn't show, if it was active on the account. How many minutes did you use?

Chris

bristolian
Legend
Legend

If you have been charged for the bundle, but a billing error prevented it applying, you seem to have valid cause for complaint.

The complaints process allows for escalation to external arbitration if necessary.

We were really careful to not go over the 120 minutes. When I checked my bill, the add on appears twice with a couple of days difference. Apparently you could keep adding it and the minutes will increase, so basically, I had purchased 240 minutes of roaming minutes. I did not know that was possible.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @kaz951 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

I would suggest getting back in touch with our mobile guides to see if they can help you further. You can find ways to raise a complaint in our Make a complaint (ee.co.uk) page. 

Leanne.