cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add to Plan Returns

Mike1871
Investigator
Investigator

I purchased a Sony Inzone monitor on an add to plan but changed my mind. I requested a return & then sent it back via DPD. DPD shows it was received by EE on 14.11.2023. 
However, my latest bill for December shows the Add to Plan charge & I have now been overcharged on my DD.

I rang up on Sunday 3rd December to query this & was told it can take 3 weeks to be scanned in at the warehouse. So it has now been over 3 weeks & no update on my account or sign of any credit/refund due.

£90 monthly payment & the £9 paid up front. 

Basically want to know is how long does this usually take to update on my account? Surely this shouldn’t take a month or more to process. 

5 REPLIES 5
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Mike1871,

I would have expected your return to have been processed by now.

Please get in touch with Customer Care so a member of the team can look into this for you.

They'll be happy to help. 🙂

James

Mike1871
Investigator
Investigator

My latest bill is incorrect due to an add to plan not being correctly taken off after being returned. Confirmed item was received at Channel Returns. 
The monthly plan has been removed but the whole cost has been applied to Jan bill. 
Now, my latest bill in a few days shows is extremely high & not enough funds to cover it. 
Spoke to EE & they say they are waiting for the warehouse team to sort out which could be 72 hrs to a week. 
Would EE refund any bank charges applied which is £25 for returned DD? Or should I cancel the DD instructions to avoid charges? 

@Mike1871  I very much doubt that EE will refund you if you go overdrawn and if you cancel your DD this will cancel your contract DD so will result in an unpaid bill.    Sounds like your return was sent as your bill was issued. 

Unfortunately this is an ongoing issue. The item was sent back in November & when I contacted them in December I was told it was being sorted. I got a refund just before Christmas of what I overpaid. 
However, I received my bill last Friday with the full charge for the item. So all they did was remove the instalments. 
Now after 3 phone calls this week it’s still pending. 
So the payment will be returned & my bank charges me £25. Or remove the DD instructions & wait for my bill to be corrected. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Mike1871 

Thanks for coming back to the community. 

I would suggest having another chat with our mobile guides to discuss what would be best for the payments. 

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.