Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive calls from certain numbers

domhankinson
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi

hope someone can help. I am having trouble receiving calls from certain numbers, specifically my wife and a friend at work. Both constantly get call failed / no such number when they try to call. Others have complained of the same. I have only been with the network for just over a week but the same problem was occurring on my previous contract with a different handset with Asda mobile (also using EE network). This isn’t therefore sim or handset related. 

Had a frustrating 40 min chat session yesterday with EE - going round in circles only to be told that the “systems were down” and to try later. I insisted on this being escalated but have heard nothing back.

This is a serious matter as my wife needs to be able to contact me in case of emergency due to personal reasons.

I switched from Asda specifically because of this problem thinking a change to a reputable network and a change of handset (to iPhone X) would solve this issue.

any help would be appreciated but please kindly note that this is NOT phone or sim related as both have been changed recently. It appears to be network related or a specific issue with the routing of calls to my number.

In researching  this Online I have read of others having similar problems on virgin network (also EE service).

Was hoping for better support from EE if I’m being honest

thanks in advance 

35 REPLIES 35
domhankinson
Established Contributor
Established Contributor
Yes they are both on Vodafone. Other Vodafone numbers work though.
Will have to persist with CS but it is very frustrating.
Just posting here on the off chance someone has had similar problems that they have been able to resolve.

Get Outlook for iOS
Fatboy71
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

kindly note that this is NOT phone or sim related as both have been changed recently. It appears to be network related or a specific issue with the routing of calls to my number.

Did you restore your iPhone off of a backup?

I'm just thinking, you may have accidentally blocked the numbers in question, and restoring the backup over to your new iPhone, would carry the blocked list of numbers over to your new iPhone.

Can you go into Settings, scroll down to "Phone" and touch it.

On the next screen, go into the "Call Blocking & Identification" section.

Have a look in there and see if there are any blocked numbers, specifically the numbers in question.

domhankinson
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi

thanks for the response. Yes already checked this - no joy I’m afraid!

@domhankinson wrote:

Hi

thanks for the response. Yes already checked this - no joy I’m afraid!

Ok.

Are the two numbers you are having the issue with, on the same network?

The only think I could suggest is to get in touch with customer service again, and get them to look into more deeply, as there is something a miss. Unfortunately we have no account access on here I'm afraid.

domhankinson
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Will have to persist with CS but it is a very frustrating experience.

Just posting here on the off chance someone has had similar problems that they have been able to resolve.

@domhankinson wrote:

Will have to persist with CS but it is a very frustrating experience.

Please post back with how you get on, and also if you need anymore help 🙂

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @domhankinson

Welcome to the community. 

Have you recently ported your number over to EE?

Can you successfully call these numbers?

Katie 🙂

domhankinson
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi Katie

yes been with EE for close to two weeks but it was the same issue with my old contract and old Samsung phone with Asda mobile.

My friend has been unable to call me for a while but the problem with my wife calling me only kicked in around 3-4 weeks ago.

Reason for switching was that I thought I was either problem with Samsung phone, sim or network issue with Asda. The switch hasn’t solved this though. So I can rule out this being a problem with the handset (or handset settings) or with the SIM card

thanks

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Thank you for confirming this @domhankinson

Does this only occur when your wife and friend try call you, Can you call them successfully?

If you can give us a call I would recommend speaking to the technical support team who can look into this further for you. 

Keep us posted on how you get on 🙂

Katie