user manuals

VeryAngry
Visitor

I am trying to help my 83 year old sister with problems with the EE Router.

1/. Problem one, she seems to have the old router with the circular light with the EE logo above.

2/. I am unable to find a  complete guide in pdf format in order to know what the router is capable of providing, at the moment I expect all the settings are at default and accessible to anyone she may trustingly have allowed to share access.  Why does a search for "manual" or "User Manual" or the EE website HELP Tab not provide any relevant information or links?

3/. Suppliers of internet connections are happy to take our money but provide minimal service, send a router through the post and expect the technically incompetent/ illiterate to cope (no option) and then be open to illegal downloads or illegal hacking and the resultant hassle.  I know many who just do not understand the technicalities or securing their internet  access and seen the consequences of the above 2 plus download allowances exceeded because they don't realise anyone in the neighbourhood can use their internet.

Replies to this will go to the account holder who will then forward them to me ( 250 miles separates us so I cannot physically access her router and lack of a PC on her part means  Remote Access complications).

1 REPLY 1
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master
  1. Which router is it? Is it horizontal or vertical? Let her read the label on it or supply a photo of ir.
  2. Its settings should not be accessible to anyone who can connect to it by WiFi. They would need its admin password but all they would have been given is the WiFi password.
  3. By the same token anyone in the neighbourhood shouldn't been able to use her Internet unless your sister has given them permission by being given the WiFi password.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)