red light

gingin008
Investigator
Investigator

hello ee. where is my internet????????? and I pay for services. only a red light

9 REPLIES 9
gingin008
Investigator
Investigator

hello ee. where is my internet????????? and I pay for services. only a red light on the router

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@gingin008   On what router ?   And the lines to your home are provided by open reach not EE so if it’s a line fault you need to call customer services to report a fault so it can be looked at.   No ISP is 100% all the time.      Have you attempted to restart the router?  If not turn it off for 30+ seconds before rebooting it.   

On EEs help page it says 

There’s a problem somewhere
  1. Turn your Hub off and on again using the power button. 
  2. If the light still doesn’t turn aqua, use a paperclip to press your Hub’s factory reset button while your Hub is switched on. 
  3. Hold the reset button in for around 20 seconds until the light turns green again. Then release the reset button and wait for the Hub to initialise again. 
  4. If this doesn’t fix it, call us on 0330 123 1105

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

Have you just joined EE BB or were you already with EE BB? How long has this been happening?

What lights are showing on the router?

What does it say after you log into the router:

• For a BrightBox: in the Internet section on the initial Status page or
  • For a Smart Hub: on the Advanced Settings > Broadband > Internet page?

Obscure your names & any digits in the BB Username but post the 1st 2 parts of the (Broadband) IP address. This might tell us at which stage EE have got to.

Is this for ADSL BB or Fibre? Which router, BrightBox 1 or 2 or Smart Hub?

Does the landline phone work? Do you get a dial tone? Does it announce your correct no. when you dial 1470 17070?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
gingin008
Investigator
Investigator

I was also waiting on Friday. They said between 13:00 and 18:00!!! Nothing but wasted time!!!

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

I'm sorry to hear that, @gingin008 

I recommend speaking to our broadband support team so they can look into this for you.
Chris

gingin008
Investigator
Investigator

Guys, what about your engineer's visit? tomorrow will be a week as I wait for help!!!Called three times!!! and you promise to fix everything! but only the money from the account on time !!!

@gingin008   not sure what is going on, I just got an email from the EE forum notifying me of your post - even though it is the only post!

That said this is not customer services and no one has access to your account or an idea what you have arranged with them, and they don't respond on here.

Give them a call, they should be able to say what is going on.

I know it!!!!!Called them three times already!!!community should know!!!!

No, this user discussion forum can have no access to your specific account. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)