Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOIP phones for Digital home phone

heelisp
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I have purchased digital phones to link to my EE smart hub plus. The work fine, but I would also like to use a desktop phone, mainly so I can use a headset. Does anyone know if you can use VOIP phones with the hub. 

As an alternative is there anyway to use a headset with the existing set up.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Neil-O
EE Community Support Team

Hi @heelisp a desktop phone won't work with the Digital home phone service. The phones need to be connected via the green socket on the back of the Hub or DECT.

Thanks

Neil

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You can use any DECT phone system. BT's version of VoIP, Digital Voice, is just how the signal is transmitted over the Net. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Neil-O
EE Community Support Team

Hi @heelisp a desktop phone won't work with the Digital home phone service. The phones need to be connected via the green socket on the back of the Hub or DECT.

Thanks

Neil