cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router relocation

Suzi82
Investigator
Investigator

Hi can anyone tell me what cables I need for the power supply and the EE router box as I need longer cables so I can move me box. 
I’ve looked online and can’t find anything. 

can anyone help me? 
thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Suzi82   Hi, what type of broadband do you have?

If it is the type that plugs into your phone line , it would normally be an RJ11 - but longer cable can result in slower speeds, so how far are you looking to move the router? If more than say 3m, you may be better to get EE to arrange a move of your master socket, although this may cost more.

If you have full fibre, then you only need any legnth of Cat 5e or better ethernet cable. You should not attempt to move the ONT if you have one.

HTH

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You'll receive a power supply cable with your router that has the power supply incorporated into the plug. It's not readily exchangeable cuz of the socket end at the router. To extend it you just need an ordinary extension cable, rated at 3A max.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)