cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have I been conned?

ADDERS
Investigator
Investigator

I have been an Orange/ EE customer for many years. I recently received an email saying that my contract was due for renewal at an elevated cost.

I rang customer services who told me the"bt" effect meant I needed a totally new contract. I mentioned the TV campaign and was offered a reasonable deal as advertised.

Before the change I had an EE smart router, a smart WiFi disc , a BT8500 Twin Digital Cordless Telephone answering machine and an EE WiFi mini mobile broadband.

I sought assurances that all my existing gear would still work as normal which I was given.

A new EE smart hub plus and a home phone adapter were delivered a few days later.

On commissioning, the Smart Wifi disc will not pair with the router and  the answering machine on the phone is not working.

I have alerted customer services who said the smart disc will not work with the new router and BT will be looking into the answer machine. 

I have also received a grey bag presumably to send something back to EE although I have not been told what.

Any idea what is going on and what I can do about it please.?

Adders

2 REPLIES 2
John-C
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ADDERS, sorry for the confusion over your new broadband package and services that aren't working for you now.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you with this.

Cheers

John

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

The Smart WiFi Disc that comes with EE Smart Router is not compatible with the EE SH+. You need the newer white EE Smart WiFi extender.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)