cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Direct Debit date - advice goes in a circle!?

appleby2
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I wanted to change our Direct Debit dates to the 1st of the month, so I looked up how to do it and it said: "

To change your Direct Debit date:

1. Have your new bank account number and sort code to hand.

2. Open the EE app or log in at ee.co.uk

3. Choose Bills & payments.

4. Choose either EE Mobile or EE Broadband.

5. Scroll down the page and follow the link to change your Direct Debit details."

So, I go to:

1.  EE Home
  2. Log in
  3. scroll a little to just below the big yellow box and switch from 'mobile' to 'broadband'
  4. I click on 'invoices & payments' at the top right
  5. On the next page I click 'see your broadband bills'
  6. It then comes up with the 'account services' page, and I click on: 'payment help'
  7. On the next page I click on 'direct Debit' in the list on the left
  8. Then somewhere in the middle is a link that says: "help setting up or managing a Direct Debit." so I click on that
  9. On the next page I select from the list on the left: "Change your Direct Debit payment date"
  10. And there it says: "

To change your Direct Debit date:

1. Have your new bank account number and sort code to hand.

2. Open the EE app or log in at ee.co.uk

3. Choose Bills & payments.

4. Choose either EE Mobile or EE Broadband.

5. Scroll down the page and follow the link to change your Direct Debit details."

So.... I've gone full circle.

On the App it's even worse, because once I log in, I can only see my mobile details, I cannot see where to select broadband at all!!

In another forum post it said: "To change the direct debit and billing date, log into your My EE account online and go to Bills and Payments > Manage Direct Debit, and you can change the date for your direct debit within account settings." - UHM???!?! O... K...? where????

Well, I must be stupid or something, but I can't see the place to change it, I just keep going in a loop!

PLEASE, can someone send me the link to the exact page where to change it. Or give me a listed step-by-step, please?

Thank you.

PS. the help robot is useless too, as I says they have 'technical issues' for days now and they ask to call, but I have autism,  so... that's a no-go for me too! Please help.

27 REPLIES 27
appleby2
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Thanks James,

If I was happy with a 3rd party getting involved with my business, I could have used Relay. But, why should I have to degrade myself to that when I am perfectly capable of doing this myself? If the EE website functioned the way it is supposed to, that is! 😒

It feels a bit like EE doesn't care that it's website and in places chat-bot are not functioning and they are just shifting the real problem onto the customer to sort out somehow?

Doesn't feel fair somehow.
appleby2
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Is there someone here who can raise a ticket with EE's IT department to get their website sorted?

If so, it would be helpful to me that when I log in to EE I don't only see the mobile account, but see all other accounts I have with EE at a glance (or at least easy dropdown) as well as sorting out the loop on the direct debit date change page.

Thanks in advance if you can do this for me! 😀

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @appleby2,

I've double checked and changing your billing date for home broadband in My EE isn't currently a feature. It's only possible to change your bank account details.

I'll make sure this is fed back as a feature request.

James

appleby2
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Super, very much appreciated!

(Weird, that they offer it for one, but not the other!)

I guess you wouldn't be able to refer the payments department to this page too, so they can update my direct debit date for me without the need for a call or provide me with an alternative way to have my DD date reset to the 1st of the month?

@appleby2 wrote:

unfortunately I still haven't been able to set my direct debit date to 1st of the month for my broadband😐

I've already told that you can't & that you need to contact CS.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
appleby2
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
And I already told you that I can't phone - so we are at an impasse.

I never said "phone", I said "contact". It's up to you how you contact your suppliers. We can't do it for you.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @appleby2,

Sorry, we can't access your account via the community forum. Our Social Media Team may be able to help if you reach out on Twitter or Facebook.

Thanks

James