cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Direct Debit date - advice goes in a circle!?

appleby2
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I wanted to change our Direct Debit dates to the 1st of the month, so I looked up how to do it and it said: "

To change your Direct Debit date:

1. Have your new bank account number and sort code to hand.

2. Open the EE app or log in at ee.co.uk

3. Choose Bills & payments.

4. Choose either EE Mobile or EE Broadband.

5. Scroll down the page and follow the link to change your Direct Debit details."

So, I go to:

1.  EE Home
  2. Log in
  3. scroll a little to just below the big yellow box and switch from 'mobile' to 'broadband'
  4. I click on 'invoices & payments' at the top right
  5. On the next page I click 'see your broadband bills'
  6. It then comes up with the 'account services' page, and I click on: 'payment help'
  7. On the next page I click on 'direct Debit' in the list on the left
  8. Then somewhere in the middle is a link that says: "help setting up or managing a Direct Debit." so I click on that
  9. On the next page I select from the list on the left: "Change your Direct Debit payment date"
  10. And there it says: "

To change your Direct Debit date:

1. Have your new bank account number and sort code to hand.

2. Open the EE app or log in at ee.co.uk

3. Choose Bills & payments.

4. Choose either EE Mobile or EE Broadband.

5. Scroll down the page and follow the link to change your Direct Debit details."

So.... I've gone full circle.

On the App it's even worse, because once I log in, I can only see my mobile details, I cannot see where to select broadband at all!!

In another forum post it said: "To change the direct debit and billing date, log into your My EE account online and go to Bills and Payments > Manage Direct Debit, and you can change the date for your direct debit within account settings." - UHM???!?! O... K...? where????

Well, I must be stupid or something, but I can't see the place to change it, I just keep going in a loop!

PLEASE, can someone send me the link to the exact page where to change it. Or give me a listed step-by-step, please?

Thank you.

PS. the help robot is useless too, as I says they have 'technical issues' for days now and they ask to call, but I have autism,  so... that's a no-go for me too! Please help.

27 REPLIES 27
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@appleby2 have you made sure that you have the latest app installed? Otherwise, I suggest ringing them up, not sure why you are having problems ringing them and speaking to a person.

Just reading what you said, it looks like you do not have the latest app,  so I would definitely go to the App Store or play store and look for the EE App, you should then be able to download the latest version and it should say Mobile and next to it Broadband, this is in the latest version. 

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
appleby2
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Hi Shockwave,

Thank you for your reply.
As far as you comment, I guess you did not read my PS.?

Unfortunately, not everyone is as lucky as you. Not everyone can do what is easy for you/most people.

I can do a lot of things, but finding my way around this website is clearly not one of them...

Anyway, thanks for your attempt to help.
appleby2
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Also, I only installed the App last month AND I have tried the same via a laptop directly  the website too. So.....???

@appleby2 , there is a newer version, which has come out in the last 2-3 days, so you may want to take a look. 

I did read what you wrote, I have a severally disabled daughter and know what it entails having any form of disability.

One other thing I can suggest, if you are near an EE high street store, is to go there and they should be able to help.

Here is a link that might help:

https://ee.co.uk/our-company-update/corporate-responsibility/sharing-connectivity/digital-living/dig...

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
appleby2
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Thank you.

I will uninstall and reinstall the app now 😊👍.

Still unsure why the website is giving me similar issues though, as surely that is always the most up to date version, no?

Anyway, hopefully reinstalling will help.
Thank you so much again 😊

@appleby2 , you are welcome, also hope the link I have put in in the reply I gave you above could be of some help if installing the new app does not help, I will put it here:

https://ee.co.uk/our-company-update/corporate-responsibility/sharing-connectivity/digital-living/dig...

appleby2
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the link!

Unfortunately, reinstall didn't improve the loop 😒

I think the chat is my best hope, once they get that up an running properly again 

Funny thing is, I managed to do it for the mobile last month, but now I want to do it for the broadband payment and it's just going loopy (pun intended 😉)

@appleby2 , I thought that link would help, and EE customer service should then be able to help you, it suddenly occurred to me about the link, which I had bookmarked, that it would be the best option for you.

appleby2
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
I didn't fill in the link in the end, because it is asking for two digits in your password, which it is showing!! Not secure!