cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Direct Debit date - advice goes in a circle!?

appleby2
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I wanted to change our Direct Debit dates to the 1st of the month, so I looked up how to do it and it said: "

To change your Direct Debit date:

1. Have your new bank account number and sort code to hand.

2. Open the EE app or log in at ee.co.uk

3. Choose Bills & payments.

4. Choose either EE Mobile or EE Broadband.

5. Scroll down the page and follow the link to change your Direct Debit details."

So, I go to:

1.  EE Home
  2. Log in
  3. scroll a little to just below the big yellow box and switch from 'mobile' to 'broadband'
  4. I click on 'invoices & payments' at the top right
  5. On the next page I click 'see your broadband bills'
  6. It then comes up with the 'account services' page, and I click on: 'payment help'
  7. On the next page I click on 'direct Debit' in the list on the left
  8. Then somewhere in the middle is a link that says: "help setting up or managing a Direct Debit." so I click on that
  9. On the next page I select from the list on the left: "Change your Direct Debit payment date"
  10. And there it says: "

To change your Direct Debit date:

1. Have your new bank account number and sort code to hand.

2. Open the EE app or log in at ee.co.uk

3. Choose Bills & payments.

4. Choose either EE Mobile or EE Broadband.

5. Scroll down the page and follow the link to change your Direct Debit details."

So.... I've gone full circle.

On the App it's even worse, because once I log in, I can only see my mobile details, I cannot see where to select broadband at all!!

In another forum post it said: "To change the direct debit and billing date, log into your My EE account online and go to Bills and Payments > Manage Direct Debit, and you can change the date for your direct debit within account settings." - UHM???!?! O... K...? where????

Well, I must be stupid or something, but I can't see the place to change it, I just keep going in a loop!

PLEASE, can someone send me the link to the exact page where to change it. Or give me a listed step-by-step, please?

Thank you.

PS. the help robot is useless too, as I says they have 'technical issues' for days now and they ask to call, but I have autism,  so... that's a no-go for me too! Please help.

27 REPLIES 27
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @appleby2,

Are you able to amend your direct debit details here - My EE - Direct Debit?

James

appleby2
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Thanks James, 😊

That takes me to the DD page indeed, but it only shows the DD date for the mobile not the broadband (they are not taken on the same day).

Any further ideas?
James_B

No problem @appleby2,

Have you added your broadband account to your My EE login?

James

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@appleby2 : You cannot change your DD date online for BB, only your bank a/c details. Call EE to change your billing date & your payment date will follow in step.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
appleby2
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Thanks, and if you can't call? Then how do you get it done?
appleby2
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Uhm... good question.... I guess so? Maybe not. How will I know?!
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You have! You said in your OP that you navigated your MyEE BB a/c.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
appleby2
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Yes, that's what I figured, but me and the EE site/App are not on the best of terms 😉 - I'd say 'in-law' level, make of that what you will - lol
appleby2
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you to everyone for your help, I have given you all Kudos, however, unfortunately I still haven't been able to set my direct debit date to 1st of the month for my broadband; for mobile yes, but not broadband. 

Weird but true. 😐

James_B

Hi @appleby2,

I'm sorry that you haven't been able to change your direct debit date online for you broadband service.

Do you have a friend or family member who could call on your behalf? The team would just need a quick authorisation from you to discuss your account.

James