cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This site can't be reached

kmart66
Investigator
Investigator

A couple of days ago i noticed that when trying to connect to about 50% of websites it was coming up as "this site can't be reached" this is on everyday sites such as the Met Office, Argos etc some were even saying that I had lost connection even though I was still connected to the internet, also no pictures will come through on BBC websites and the sites I can connect to the connection is slow. BBC radio stations have stopped streaming on my Alexas and also Sky will not play premium channels such as Sky Sports and Sky Cinema as it says there is a problem as I am not connected to the internet even though in settings it says that both the network and internet are connected. I spoke to EE yesterday and explained that this problem existed on my desktop, laptop, Sansung S22+ and Iphone wnen connected to my EE router however they will work when using mobile data. They told me to do a factory reset on the router, also turn off my antivirus and firewall on my computer and clear the history and cache, this seemed strange having to do this as it was occurring on multiple devices. Has or is this happening to anybody else and if so what did they do to right it?

6 REPLIES 6
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@kmart66 , have you done what EE has suggested? I sometimes have to reboot my router, which is Netgear, and all is up and running, worth checking. 

Just because it all works on data, there could be a problem with your fixed broadband. Do you have a landline and phone? You could check to see if it is clear.

You may want to take a look here:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Broadband-Landline/Need-Help-with-Your-Home-Broadband-Speed-or-Connect...

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

I did everything they said as I was on the phone for over an hour with them,  I have been on the phone again this morning and as I have found it worse than first thought they did another line test and it was OK, fault is still there.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @kmart66

Thanks for coming to the community. 

If the suggestions have not resolved this, please get back in touch with our mobile care team and they will get this looked into further for you. 

Leanne 🙂

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

To try to get round this issue switch the DNS in the router away from EE's ones to Manual with 1 of these public DNS pairs:

OpenDNS   :	208.67.222.222 & 208.67.220.220
Google DNS:	8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 
Cloudflare DNS 1.1.1.1 & 1.0.0.1  
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
amandak3
Visitor

This has happened to me over last 24 hours,I can't get onto sites like the news or weather,vinted etc.I have gone through everything to check I hadn't cancelled access to them and I haven't.It is very frustrating as I can't solve the problem.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @amandak3,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Are you experiencing this issue over home broadband or mobile data?

Does it affect just one device or all of your devices?

James