cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of moving to EE from BT will Complete Wifi Discs work with new router?

AGxM
Explorer

As per title, currently with BT with SH2, Halo 3+ and a couple of black complete wifi discs.

Am I correct in thinking that the BT wifi discs will not work with the new EE router - will be on FTTP

AGxM_0-1682683874264.png

Long story short need at least 1 disc as ONT in hallway and I run a small switch from a disc in living room for NAS, PS5 etc for wired connectivity. So debating whether to add the £10 a month (heard you can get more than one and get the 4G back up a la Halo) or just buy an EE disc from the shop

Or go the full hog and invest in the Google Wifi Pro and plug one into the ONT and forgo the EE router?

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@AGxM   You’ll need the EE disk.   And the disk to purchase outright is £80  you’ll find these on eBay also so you could save more.   The EE deal for these with your broadband package is £10 per month for the duration of that contract ( very costly) but at with this you’ll get a replacement should there be an issue and thats great if your towards the end of that contract.     I use a disk and I’ve got to say I’ve not yet experienced any issues.  

You can have 3 disks and the backup router is via a mobile 4G router.   So you can even take this out with you.   You’ll get 2Gb of data on it each month and if your internet should go down EE will put 250Gb on it for you.   You can even top it up yourself to use.     I’ve got one with my BB package and don’t really use it.  

Thanks Chris.

The Customer Support guy obviously told a few porkies then...hub not Wifi6 and BT discs won't work.

Think I'll keep shopping around...the vodafone or talktalk deal also looks good

sll67
Visitor

Lucky escape

only move from BT to EE if you want an unstable and slow  home wifi network. 

@sll67   I have no issues with instability, or Wi-Fi  network speed.  Most Wi-Fi speed issues can be caused by the placement of the router in your home.  Ie it’s next to a TV or other electronic device.  

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Chris_B + 1

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)