cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synology Issues - again

Arcadash
Investigator
Investigator

Hoping for a bit of assistance. Have been sent a new EE router. The old BT router allowed my Synology to set the port forwarding rules perfectly. 

Like others, I am unable to get port 80 set on the router to access a small web page over the net.

I can configure the management port on the Synology and Router as nnnn and it tests OK 

Trying to set port 80, fails. UPnP is set to ON, but it doesn't seem to work.

So what is the name of the router I should be searching for as it doesn't appear in the Synology list.

6 REPLIES 6
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Arcadash   what is it you are trying to do?

Rather than port forward have you tried QUICKCONNECT?

https://kb.synology.com/en-uk/DSM/tutorial/Quick_Start_External_Access 

Trying to  get access to a simple Web page using WEBSTATION.

I  use Quick Connect and Photos  fine, but seting External Access through port 80 won't work. Cannot set it.

The website is accessible within my network but not outside of it.

I need http://www,mysite.synology.me/  to render from anywhere 

On the BT Hub2 it was working. This new hub is nowhere near as good as the old one.

@Arcadash   which router do you have, and are you trying to configure it with the EE App, via a web browser or your synology device?

Router is the latest EE one.

Tried setting Port Fwd directly on the router via a browser, as instructed. 

Tried setting it through the Synology but the no "NPnP devices found" message comes up. However NPnP is set to "on" in the router.

Does it have a name? On a label or the box it came in? Else post a pix.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

SMART HUB PLUS is on the documentation 17075593716957483555962331793569.jpg