Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smarthub 2 will not connect to EE app

v6villan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Moved across to 500mb EE  broadband from the equivalent  BT 500 mb plan on 31st January 

Still using my BT smart hub 2  . I paired the smart hub to my EE app so I could  use WiFi controls and do speed tests via the EE app. Worked fine when I used it a week or so ago. I see the android version  of the app was updated on 2nd Feb.

Went to do a speed test from the EE app today and was asked to pair my hub again. So scanned the QR code again

Was then greeted by a screen saying .You've already  saved these details . It brings up this message constantly.It wont allow me to pair the  hub again. So now after working for a few days I can't access Wifi controls  or conduct a speed test via the EE app .  Tried re pairing the smarthub 2 by scanning the QR code on the hub and manually adding.  Won't work either way, also unistalled  and reinstalled  the app  & reset smart hub.  Nothing fixes  it

This all worked perfectly  when with  BT, using their app

Been on phone for around 2 hours  . Got absolutely nowhere .

Seriously thinking  of using 14 day cooling off. The app is poor.  

Any ideas how to fix would be appreciated 

Justin 

2 REPLIES 2
Neil-O
EE Community Support Team

Hi @v6villan I'm sorry that you're experiencing problems with the app, did you try a factory reset of Hub or a turn off and on?

Thanks

Neil

Hi ,yeah as per my original post. I reset hub and unistalled and reinstalled the app.My smart hub 2 was paired with the EE app  but stopped working . Not sure if this  was after the last update to the EE app on 2nd Feb.

When  I pair it again  it says it is already  paired ,  but then when I go to WiFi controls  etc it asks me to pair my router again.

Realised yesterday  that if I use my old BT app I  can do speed tests  and use WiFi controls.  Essentially the things I should be able to do on the EE ap

This is a fault EE end not mine, been told they have issues  with the EE app and customers  who already have an EE  account for mobile  phone etc.  Seems an issue when they move broadband  from BT to EE. Wish I'd have stayed with BT  as their app worked as it should.

Got an open  ticket but not hopeful it will be fixed as reading of others with same issue ,and been like it for months