cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart hub location.

Nerkmo
Investigator
Investigator

Wonder if someone could help me. I'm a new EE customer my stuff will be getting put in on the 19th. As of right now I'm currently with Sky. I have the sky WiFi box in my room and the openreach box downstairs that's connected to my ADSL socket, this allows me to have to WiFi box in my room since I only have to connect that to ethernet cable to the openreach box. Can this be done with the EE Smart hub? If not what is the best way to do this. From what I know and understand having a ADSL cable that's over 10m I'll drop speed. 

3 REPLIES 3
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Nerkmo  Not really sure what you mean, but yes a long ADSL cable will lowers your router speed.

If you have a Lan cable from the router to an access point in your bedroom you should be able to do the same with EE.

Let us know which devices you have or show pictures to be sure.

1000007863.jpg

1000007864.jpg

 The first box ( Openreach ) Is the box I currently have downstairs connected downstairs by ADSL cable. The 2nd picture is my sky WiFi box that connects to my openreach box by Ethernet cable that's 20m long that leads to my bedroom. I'm just wondering am I able to have this setup still with EE? As it looks like the EE smart hub is an all in one and will replace both my openreach and sky box. 

Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Nerkmo   ah ok that is quite an old setip, not many of those Openreach modems left now.

If the router EE provides has a WAN port you should be anle to carry on as you are now with Sky.

Or you could put the EE roter near the Telephone socket and use the LAN cable to run an access point in the bedroom.

Were it me I would experiment when your new router arrives and see what works best for you.

Just bear in mind that for fault finding, the EE technical team would only know about their router and expect it to be plugged into your phone socket - but at least you have some options.