cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Wifi booster

Sibsen
Explorer

HI everyone, hope someone can help.  After reading EE online about a Smart Wifi booster to help in black spots, I purchased, (not through EE) but is an EE product, new sealed Smart Wifi to pair with my EE Smart Hub Plus.  I thought this would be straight forward, but it they do not pair.  I contact EE and was told my Smart Wifi booster needed to have a Plus marked on it to match the Hub, which mine does not and unable to source one that does.  I have contacted the supplier to ask the question as I assumed this was the same on adervtised through EE shop.  Can anyone shed some light on this for me.  I have spent £100 on what I have found out is the wrong one!!  Thank you.  

4 REPLIES 4
Sibsen
Explorer

HI everyone, hope someone can help.  After reading EE online about a Smart Wifi booster to help in black spots, I purchased, (not through EE) but is an EE product, new sealed Smart Wifi to pair with my EE Smart Hub Plus.  I thought this would be straight forward, but it they do not pair.  I contact EE and was told my Smart wifi booster needed to have a Plus marked on it to match the Hub, which mine does not and unable to source one that does.  I have contacted the supplier to ask the question as I assumed this was the same on advertised through EE shop.  Can anyone shed some light on this for me.  I have spent £100 on what I have found out is the wrong one!!  Thank you.  

What colour & shape is it?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
infinitywaiter
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

If you are using the EE Smart Hub Plus, then you will need to be using Smart Wifi Plus.

https://ee.co.uk/broadband/smart-wifi

Also, EE themselves will only provide help and replacements for your Smart Hub Plus, as you have probably brought your Smart Wifi off an auction site, then they are not covered by EE.

Also, note that a lot of people on those sort of sites will simply be selling on their unwanted EE supplied equipment to make a bit of money.

Whether it be their provided Smart Hub as replaced by third party router, or not needing the Smart Wifi etc.

However, many are failing, or neglecting to check and have not realised that they don't actually own the EE equipment that has been supplied.

EE still own anything that is supplied, it is their property and must be returned when you leave, otherwise you are charged for each piece of equipment that you don't return.

So people might make £50 to £100 selling them on, however in the long run, they'll need to repay EE that money as they won't be able ro return their sold equipment if they ever wanted to leave EE and go elsewhere.

See here:

https://ee.co.uk/help/orders/return-and-recycle-ee-product

I do not subscribe, so please do not always expect a reply.
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

If you have the EE Smart Hub Plus (SH+), model no. SH31B, of Set up your Home Broadband EE Router, you need the EE Smart WiFi Plus , model no. SW30A, of Setting up Smart WiFi to go with it. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)