cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report a broadband problem without using the telephone

Mark9000
Investigator
Investigator

How do I report an intermittent fault on our broadband without calling the Customer Service line?

I am hard of hearing so struggle to use the phone for this sort of thing! Presumably there is another option for those of us like this?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back to us @Mark9000 

This would need to be reported and we do have the below options for calling us; 

To contact us using the Relay UK service, dial 18001 in front of the following number:           

07953 966 150

Find out more about the Relay UK service

Contact us through a sign language interpreter

Leanne.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Mark9000  You might find THIS  helpful 

Sadly not - the only option is a BSL interpreter and I don't do BSL! I simply want a way to contact EE that doesn't involved using the phone. An email address, chat or similar would be ideal.

Leanne_T

Hi @Mark9000 

Please see our Fix EE broadband connection problems, Help page for steps to fix this and also how to report a fault to us. 

Leanne.

I've tried sending a text to that number but it will not send! The number doesn't seem to work from my mobile (which is not an EE mobile) and I cannot send a text from the landline.

And even if the text did get through, this option also seems to involve a phone call: 

• If you don’t need an engineer, our brilliant UK and Ireland based team will call you within 30 mins to help solve your issue.
Leanne_T

I am sorry this is the only contact options available, you can find full details in our Broadband and landline (ee.co.uk) contact us page @Mark9000 

What problems are you having? It may be something the community can help you with? 

Leanne.

It's an intermittent line drop issue that involves BT Openreach. 

Surely the implications of the Equality Act mean there should be an alternative to a phone call for those who find hearing the phone difficult?

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

How do you know that the fault involves Openreach other than all EE BB involves Openreach in the normal course of events?

Is it the BB as a whole dropping or just the WiFi connections? Do Ethernet connected devices stay working? What colours are the light sequence when it happens?

If you would like help with your BB speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the following steps for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further. Do not restart your router to do these tests:

1. Post your full router stats:

• For a BrightBox: login and go to Advanced Settings > System > DSL Status. Also post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page.
  • For a SmartHub: login and go to Advanced Settings > Technical Log > Information. Obscure your names & any numbers in the BB Username & also the SSIDs.
  • For other routers: login to it according to the label on it as the admin user & navigate looking for its router/connection statistics.

Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

2. What does BT Wholesale Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number or you don't have one, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thank you for responding, though your response does sound a little patronising.

We believe it to be a network issue because of previous issues, the fact that all houses on this particular spur are having problems (our next door neighbour and another house are getting each others' calls, for example) and the engineers from Openreach have been to our house to try to sort things out. Unfortunately we cannot go to Openreach direct, hence we have to contact EE to report the current fault and would like to do so without talking on the phone.

Leanne_T

Thanks for coming back to us @Mark9000 

This would need to be reported and we do have the below options for calling us; 

To contact us using the Relay UK service, dial 18001 in front of the following number:           

07953 966 150

Find out more about the Relay UK service

Contact us through a sign language interpreter

Leanne.