cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Why is the EE website so difficult to use?

Dime
Investigator
Investigator

I received an email stating I was out of contract for my broadband. I was given a link in an email to the website which appeared to offer a new deal. After following the link and going around in circles for nearly an hour, being asked to log in repeatedly, and given absolutely NO information at all toward renewing the deal I gave up. I contacted support and eventually again after explaining everything after selecting specific criteria to talk to someone they told me they can only help new customers.

The website is DIRE, to the point it's either unusable (breaks), confusing or just takes you around in circles with no relevant or useful information. As a result, I'm not renewing my service, BECAUSE I CANT WORK OUT HOW TO.

I have 0 issues with the service but after burning close 3 hours and getting absolutely NOWHERE with being able to renew my package I'm going to jump to another provider.

The only package I did get offered on the site didn't match what was in the email and was more expensive than my rolling contract, so how about no?

As stated in my complaint, EE should do basic testing where they attempt to use the website or follow links sent out from their own emails and see what the experience is like. At that point they should probably consider sacking the head of operations accountable for it - because the experience is so pointlessly bad it's costing them money and retention.

2 REPLIES 2
Dime
Investigator
Investigator

Kinda crazy this is still relevant a couple of years later. I'm leaving because of the above, because I can't work out how to use the website to renew my service. After being sent a link with an offer to do so. Absolutely ridiculous that there appears to be no basic user acceptance testing against their sitemap or the services on it. Embarrassing for them given the actual service seems to be pretty decent. 2024 and can't make a functioning and useful website.

Paddy-B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Dime,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry you're having problems renewing your service online. If you send me your details, I'll be able to give you a hand.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  

Thanks,

Paddy