Investigator
Investigator

Why isn't my broadband working .

10 REPLIES 10
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

Have you just joined EE BB or were you already with EE BB? How long has this been happening?

What lights are showing on the router?

What does it say after you log into the router:

• For a BrightBox: in the Internet section on the initial Status page or
  • For a Smart Hub: on the Advanced Settings > Broadband > Internet page?

Obscure your names & any digits in the BB Username but post the 1st 2 parts of the (Broadband) IP address. This might tell us at which stage EE have got to.

Is this for ADSL BB or Fibre? Which router, BrightBox 1 or 2 or Smart Hub?

Does the landline phone work? Do you get a dial tone? Does it announce your correct no. when you dial 1470 17070?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Its ok ty the router wasn't reading or connecting so they've sending me a new one ty x

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & hope it soon gets sorted.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Yes ty the engineer came out to try and fix and that is what he said . New one on its way I've had no complaints with customer service always helpfully to me I've been with them for years . Hope u have a nice wkend and stay safe to u and ur family . I'm have had bad new got cancer I'm only 64 had my first injection today god did it hurt I'm so sad I may o ly have  years left . So stay safe x

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

I'm really sorry to hear this, @orangad98.

I hope you're ok.

Everyone in the community is wishing you a fast and full recovery.

Jon

Kerrysincs
Visitor

Hi I paid my bill but my broadband still isn’t working 

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Kerrysincs.

When did you pay your bill?

Have you restarted your router?

Jon

chrisoula123
Explorer