cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Caller cannot hear me but I can hear them s21

Nathanpenn
Investigator
Investigator

I had an EE landline installed yesterday and this is happening to me too. When I call some numbers the person I’m calling can’t hear me at all. But it is only on calling certain numbers - including calling 150!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Nathanpenn   you don;t need a VOIP phone.

Have you plugged your phone into the socket on the router or are you using some kind of adapter?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Nathanpenn   do you mean you have changed from a traditional telephone line to the new Digital Voice service?

When did you change?

It can take a day or even two for the number to port over and for it to work fully.

I changed on Thursday. I spoke to someone at EE faults and they told me that it was because I’m not using a Voip phone. Having looked on Amazon and the EE store I can only find one phone that definitively works with EE Voip and it is not cordless. I feel that EE have don’t have the products or the experience to give good service or advice on this matter

@Nathanpenn   you don;t need a VOIP phone.

Have you plugged your phone into the socket on the router or are you using some kind of adapter?

My phone is plugged directly into the hub. The problem can develop during a phone call too. I can be heard for the first, say, 15 minutes and then suddenly the other participant cannot hear me.

This never happened prior to me switching to EE and I formerly plugged my phone directly into my Virgin Hub

I've been forced to DV and have the same problems.  My copper landline never failed me. DV is useless and simply can't be relied upon