cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT to EE Question

timprocter
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi folks, In the process of switching from the BT 900/110 package (which has worked flawless for the past 3 years)  to the latest EE Full Fibre Busiest Home Bundle 1.6GHz package.

In order to cope with the higher speed I have just purchased an Asus GT-AXE11000 Router (up and running as I type this) and loving it.😎

Working a treat with my current 900/110 BT package by entering the Login: bthomehub@btbroadband.com and Password: BT

Will these details need changing when the switch to EE is done or is it just a case of the engineer fitting the upgraded ONT and connecting the CAT 6 ethernet to it.

Already done the change enabling the 2.5GHz WAN port to "Primary" and no problems at all.

Thanks for any info.🙂

Router.jpg

WAN.jpg

Full Fibre Busiest Home Bundle 1.6Gb.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

No, you can continue using the BT BB PPPoE Username & pwd on EE BB.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

No, you can continue using the BT BB PPPoE Username & pwd on EE BB.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Neil_F1
Investigator
Investigator

Stay with BT would be my advice.

We're the Guinea pigs for a system that can't cope.

timprocter
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi @Neil_F1 .

With all due respect this forum seems to have the same posts as when I was visiting the BT forum.

People will complain (quite rightly) if their service is below par or having problems BUT!!!

Folks thousands of them never post when their service is operating as it should without issue, This I have witnessed for many years so until my new package is enabled and working I'll sit on the fence thank you.

If it turns up un-necessary problems when activated then I'll be back here thanking you for the advise.

Have a good Christmas, thank you.🎅

Well all I can say is I was forced to EE without my consent and I've had problems with my telephone continually dropping calls. Couldn't see my laptop on wifi. Unable to view bills. It's all been very stressful and upsetting 

timprocter
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Engineer is coming on 29th December so I'll pop back and report when it's up and running.🙂

Your engineer appointment

Order reference: AGT00***********

Hi,

We've booked your engineer visit, and they'll be with you:

·       On 29 Dec 2023

·       Between 1PM and 6PM

If you need to change or cancel you appointment, please call us on 0330 123 1105

Change my appointment