cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem updating credit card details

laurafs
Investigator
Investigator

This is an ongoing problem, which I encountered last time my credit card expired. I received an email from EE telling me that my card was about to expire. The online system will not allow me to either remove the existing card or add a new one.

When I phoned EE the "guide" could only try to do what I had done and, after two unsuccessful tries, told me that the system won't let any changes be made for 24 hours. He has promised to call back tomorrow but I pointed out that this will be pointless unless he can find some way to override the system to make the necessary change. I would have expected him to be able to contact a supervisor for advice immediately but apparently he can only do this by typing a message. This is very poor customer service.

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

In your online EE: Manage Your BB > MY PAYMENTS > CHANGE PAYMENT DETAILS > EDIT PAYMENT METHOD > Credit Card - Recurring card payment (Visa, MasterCard) & then fill in your card details.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Followed all the instructions, as did the “guide”, it won’t accept new details, just gives error message.

Sent from my iPhone

At which stage?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
All I needed to do was update the expiry date on the existing card. This is
not possible so I tried to delete the existing card and add a new card (the
same one with a different date). The system would not allow me to delete
the existing card. When I clicked on Remove I got an error message. I then
tried to add a new card (the same one) but having filled in the details I
again got an error message.

At that point I phoned. The guide successfully deleted the old card and
tried to add a new one (the same card updated) but also received an error
message and a message saying try again in 24 hours. At the moment I can see
that the expiring card has been deleted but the details of the new one are
only partly completed.