cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Service at EE Shop in George Street, Hove UK

Seaside64
Investigator
Investigator

Back in April I visited my local EE store in George Street, Hove UK to change my Broadband to a social tariff.   I also changed my EE Mobile to a cheaper tariff which was successful.  On their advice I changed to a BT social tarrif because EE don't do one.  After the changeover I received a bill for £162 from EE.  I visited this store 3 times and spoke to Piotr, Sam (Assistant Manager) and another guy with a beard whose name I don't have.  None of them were able to remove this bill that had been created because the EE service stopped before the end of the contract.  No-one at the shop had anticipated that this would happen or given me any instructions or information about stopping the EE service in this way nor were they able, despite apparent efforts, to get the bill removed.  Finally after being told by Piotr that I would have to pay the bill in order to receive a refund (!) I used the EE online chat function and a really helpful guy immediately said that a dedicated team exists for this very purpose and this is what the staff in my local EE shop could have/should have done.  The guy online contacted the team for me and a few days later a credit appeared for the £162 bill.

My first complaint is about my local EE shop; specifically their inability to change my service properly and their inability to remove the bill.  As I need a social tariff and am struggling financially it was extremely stressful to receive a bill for £162 that I cannot pay and the stress for me of the EE staff in the shop being unable to rectify a mistake of their making.  One of the three people was the Assistant Manager, Sam.  I was assured every time I visited the shop that they would call me with an update but no-one ever did.  I was assured they were going to rectify the problem but no-one ever did.  

My second complaint is being told by the online chat person that there is no way I can make a complaint about poor service and stress caused to customers in a shop except to post one on the website.  Where is the complaint section on this website?  I can't see it.  It looks as if people are complaining on here.  Is that the only option?

I have only ever had a mobile contract with EE for what is probably 20 years and am really disappointed with the poor service I received at this store.  I would like compensation for this experience and the stress it caused.  Many people are under extreme financial stress these days and we need the staff managing utility bills to be able to do their jobs which clearly none of these people can.  I will also be visiting the shop again to speak to the Manager and make a complaint in person.

6 REPLIES 6
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You can make a formal complaint to EE & if you don't get satisfaction after 8 weeks you can take it to EE's ADR provider. See Complaints code of practice and here is the Complaints Form at the foot of the page.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@Seaside64 , George Street, where in the UK? Have you rang customer service and spoken to billing? You may get more help that way.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

@Schockwave : Hove!

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks so much, I'll get that done today.

"I used the EE online chat function and a really helpful guy immediately said that a dedicated team exists for this very purpose and this is what the staff in my local EE shop could have/should have done.  The guy online contacted the team for me and a few days later a credit appeared for the £162 bill."

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Seaside64 

I am very sorry to hear about the experience you have had in the store. If you give us a call on 150 the team can certainly raise the complaint for you or please complete the form on the Help page @XRaySpeX has provided.

Thanks very much 🙂

Leanne.