cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overdrawn account

LeclercSZN
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I called and got my payment date changed and it was confirmed to be taken on the 8th as that's when the money would be available, however they've taken the payment today and left my bank overdrawn and me unable to get food today. What am I supposed to do now

10 REPLIES 10
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@LeclercSZN   Was that confirmed starting the 8th of this month or starting the 8th of  next month ?   When did you arrange this ? if it was after you’ve been billed ie under 7 days ago this cannot be changed for this bill as once you are billed the payment request is automatically requested.  

LeclercSZN
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I did it a few days ago, I was told that it would be from the 8th of this month as that's when the money would be available 

LeclercSZN
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

It's also been taken on the 8th every other month, so why was it changed this month 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @LeclercSZN,

If your direct debit date has always been the 8th of the month, and no changes have been made to your billing date, the payment wouldn't be requested early.

Please get in touch with Customer Care so a member of the team can look into this for you.

They'll be happy to help.

James

If it's always been taken on the 8th every month, why did you ask for it to be changed to be taken on the the 8th when it was already on the 8th?

Did you ask after about 25th Aug for this change to be made? With BB DD date is about 2 weeks after your billing date & once the billing date has passed the DD has already been set in motion & cannot be stopped.

If a DD fails on the 1st time of asking EE will try again about a week later.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Hayley2273
Investigator
Investigator

@LeclercSZN wrote:

I called and got my payment date changed and it was confirmed to be taken on the 8th as that's when the money would be available, however they've taken the payment today and left my bank overdrawn and me unable to get food today. What am I supposed to do now

As they have taken it too early, they have breached the Direct Debit Guarantee.  Contact your Bank first to reclaim it back, then tell EE what you have had to do as a result - then cancel the DD with your bank first then EE,  and insist on making card payments to EE in future.  This is why I hate Direct Debits - too much control given to firms.  I like it on my terms and when I can pay.

Same thing just happened to me.  It has been fine the last two months for April and May, but they decided to take it too soon by 5 days when it is meant to be the 6th June - a normal working day!    I have raised it with my bank and will be talking to EE tomorrow.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Hayley2273 

I am sorry to hear this has happened, please call us on150 and the team will certainly get this looked into for you. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Leanne.

Hi Leanne,

My Home BB still hasn't been linked to my mobile account with EE despite asking for it to be done twice and trying to do so myself online.