cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Openreach ONT Speedtest of 1.6gbs

Bluenose_Dave
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Recently having the new EE 1.6gb/s service went live Openreach engineer said he will come and check the speeds at the ONT as EE smart hubs LANs ports are only 1gb/s,

so he come with his openreach laptop, but his laptop has only a 1gb/s Ethernet port, so any one having this service, ( make sure you have something that can connect over a 2.5gb/s LAN or buy a usb3/c to 2.5gb multigig adapter i got one coming later this week to test it myself from my end of things )

had to go via WiFi speed as it was 980gb/s it was classed as on the 1.6gb/s speeds, now my order is complete when EE call me tomorrow i will ask them to check speeds via their system

FFTP Busiest Home Bundle 1.6Gb
4 REPLIES 4
MrCook3
Explorer

Forgive me, but why would you order a 1.6gbps service if you don't have devices capable of receiving those speeds?

Bluenose_Dave
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

As only went live Friday after 6 weeks of loss of service, so once openreach have got the service up and running, now i will upgrade router and the switches to support the new speeds

Ah okay, that makes more sense!

Hopefully it's smooth sailing for you, I'm definitely interested in the 1.6gbps package but don't think it's possible to upgrade yet.

Bluenose_Dave
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I hope so, as it been a nightmare i was one of the few that moved from BT too EE, i was on BT 900/110, but when they changed me over i lost the connection, and had weeks of openreach not doing much to resolve it, another factor with the speeds was it worked about about £10 more with the prices at EE to get the 1.6gb/s