cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No account details

Namaste1
Investigator
Investigator

Hi there can anyone offer me some advice, the ‘contact us’ section of this website is currently not working on my phone…

I have a strange one-

My ex set up the ee broadband I currently have in my home. The bill comes out of my account but I do not receive bills in the post or online. I would believe the broadband is under her name and personal information.

how am I able to access this account if I do not even know the ee account number or billing address.

what can I do?

6 REPLIES 6
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

The current owner needs to call CS with both of you available on the line to effect a change of ownership. You will need to pass a credit check. If you can't do it together CS will give the current owner a password for you to quote when you call.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Any other option since she’s moved over 100 miles away and we have no contact? 🤞😬

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Namaste1 

If the account holder calls they can leave details with the team which you would need to provide when you call after and get the transfer set up. 

Leanne.

I have no contact with her whatsoever unfortunately. I don’t know her address or phone number. 
I guess I’m basically screwed?

could I send the router back and cancel my payments perhaps?

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Namaste1 

If the account is in your ex partners name they would continue to be billed, returning the equipment would not cancel the contract they would need to request this to be cancelled.

Leanne.

Even if you cancel your payments, which you were making on your ex's behalf, your ex will still be in contract with EE & liable for the payments.

A drastic solution could be for you to order BB from any ISP in your name. When that BB is installed it will auto cancel the existing BB contract in your ex's name leaving them holding the tab for any Early Termination Fees.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)