cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract, retaining landline number

Haidz
Visitor

Hi all,

As i am almost coming to an end of my broadband contract with BT i was looking to take out a new contract and had been contacted by the EE sales team with regards to my phone contract and any upgrades i am currently eligible for etc.

Anyway i was offered a broadband and landline package with the same speeds for a fraction of the price which i agreed to after being told 1. That i would retain my current landline number as EE now use the same lines as BT and 2. That i would get to choose the start date of my new service via the my EE app as it was not allowing the sales rep to pick a contract start date.

After receiving the email confirming my new contract details i have been told that i now have a new landline number and that the new contract would be starting on the 4th of may when my BT contract doesnt even expire until the 31st of May?

Could this please be looked into and rectified or i will be looking to cancel my new contract due to the false information i was sold on.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Haidz  You’ll have to speak with customer services about that because this is just a public forum. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Haidz  You’ll have to speak with customer services about that because this is just a public forum. 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Basically you signed up with EE far too early. You should have waited until you were within the last 14 days of the min. term with BT. Then it would have taken about 14 days to migrate both your BB & your landline to EE whilst auto cancelling your BT contract for them.

All the same now you have forced BT to cease your BB prematurely, there is still no reason why you can't take your landline no. with you to EE. 

EE has always used BT-based landlines.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)