cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there anything EE can't screw up?

NottsGaz
Visitor

Planned to move away from BT due to cost, I then got a letter from them saying they would charge £5 for leaving (even though I was within a week of my contract expiry date).  Phoned them to query it and they told me that there shouldn't be a charge, but they could match my offer if I stay with them.  After being told it would be simpler as I could use the same router and would get a discount on sim cards/etc... I agreed to sign up again, though this time it was with EE not BT.

Went through all the steps, agreed the price, signed the paperwork, registered by EE ID and assumed that was the end of it (my mistake!).

That day my landline disconnected, but my internet didn't increase to the new agreed speed so I assumed it might take a couple days.  a week later I still didn't have the speed so I phoned up the support line to ask why not.  I was told that even though the previous order was in the system, it hadn't been processed and so I wasn't on the new contract.  I was told that they would process the order again, after going through some of the small print and T&Cs I was told that a new router would be with me the following day as I would still need to move to an EE router, contradicting what the original sales person had told me.

The router arrived, I set it all up, my speeds were what I expected so all good.  I then got a message saying my bill was ready so I logged into the app to check it was the agreed amount.  When I was on the app I noticed that all over it were red exclamation marks telling me there were problems, things weren't loading and over and over again to try again later, so I tried on the website which was mostly the same.  Under bills it just said you'll see the first bill here when all your services are active (which I thought was a little weird as everything had been active for a few days already).  So I reached out to the EE "Message Us" section.

During this chat I was told my account number was wrong and I needed to access a different account.  I was then told by two different people how to connect a new account to my existing one, though all the details were for the BT ID and not EE ID and I wasn't able to follow them for EE, when I queried it I was just told it was the same, though clearly they're not.  After talking to 6 different contacts I was told to call the technical support team and they would put a note on the account to explain what was happening.

The technical support guy (fair play to him) was very helpful, he could see that a new account had been created and so I was linked to an invalid account, though he didn't know the EE processes to join them, and after the steps he had failed to work he eventually had to raise a ticket to get the two accounts merged (That should happen at some point this week .... hopefully).  He also saw that the new account was registered to my email @hotmail.co.uk and not @hotmail.com (which it should've been) which is why I was unaware of any of the details of the new account, all the emails had been going to a non-existent account.  I don't remember supplying the second sales guy with any of my details so I'm not sure how he'd got this wrong if he was working off my original order, I also didn't sign any new contracts, or have to process any new paperwork on the second attempt.

While I was on the call, I asked the tech guy to check the bill to make sure it's there, he said it was and told me the amount which was £4/month more than originally agreed and so had to pass me through to the sales team to deal with this mess up.

I'm now waiting for the sales team to listen back to the call, to see if the amount I was offered (and is on all the emails I have from EE) was actually offered or not to see if they're able to honour it.

For a company claiming to be signing up the most people of any, I'm not sure how this has been so totally screwed up at every single step.

1 REPLY 1
Tranby
Explorer

And I thought it was only me that had all these problems !!  I raised a complaint and now waiting for my next bill to see if they have reverted to what I was first quoted. In the meantime they have closed my complaint stating it had been resolved 🤔 time will tell.  Meanwhile, how long will it be before the App can be deemed fit for purpose ?