cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving virgin and need advise about EE options please .

neil1002
Investigator
Investigator

Hi still with virgin atm . I have a monthly mobile phone contract with EE and was wondering about the best option to take, due to my change of circumstances . My sim is £22 a month . 

I no longer need my phone for work so I will not be using it at all from June 1st may be just to check the odd message or send a text may be once a week and no phone calls, so the lowest EE phone plan or even PAYG sim would be better . 

I do not need a phone landline 

I don't watch TV may be a prime movie once a while .

No online gaming 

Use internet for E mails , normal internet use and you tube and movie off prime once in a while. 

I do not use multiple devises and only my self living in house 

The offer For me is 

Fibre 67 Essentials at £30 month 

I was looking at the 5G smart hub unlimited as a option , and go on a cheap payg sim . 

Also not sure how this offer works Switch to EE Broadband and also save £20 monthly on mobile upgrades, new SIMs and airtime plans ??? . 

Any help would be very appreciated on these question ( because virgin are not interested in existing customers any more )

2 REPLIES 2
bristolian
Legend
Legend

If your mobile is within its minimum term, then you are contractually tied to that monthly fee until the 2year anniversary, at which point you can do one of two things..

1: Find a SIM-only plan that suits you, and request a change to it,

2: Request cancellation of your pay-monthly plan and migration to PAYG.

In either case, you can request the change 30days prior to the end of your minimum term, and the change will take affect at the end of that notice period.

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @neil1002 

What allowances do you get with your mobile tariff. Do you have 5G and is the signal strong. 

It might just be worth tethering to your mobile when needed as a whole internet package seems a waste on your usage. 

Alternatively as you say you could go 5G broadband, data only sim and then buy the router from say Ebay if you want an EE one or via EE. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.