cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW FULL FIBRE WONT CONNECT UPSTAIRS

YIDARMY
Visitor

I have just upgraded my EE Standard Broadband to Full Fibre Max 100, first few days everything great but then it started saying "Connected but without Internet connection" only when using my devices upstairs (phones tablets smart tv) downstairs everything works perfectly. I use my phone as mobile hotspot and tv and other devices connected straight away and can get online access and use streaming services. Anyone know why this is happening or how to fix this issue please 🙏

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@YIDARMY  Why are you comparing the two different connection types ?  Your BB has nothing to do with your phone signal and using it as a hotspot. 

Have you tried just switching the router off for 30+ seconds and then just rebooting it ? 

Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@YIDARMY   did you change routers when you upgraded? Guessin you now have the new White Smart Router which doesn't allow the WiFi bands to be split, which some devices can struggle with.

Depending on which router you did have, you may be able to use that, or you may want to explore WiFi extenders, or use the old router as a Access Point - AP. or many other options. 

As you have all this extra bandwidth, it is worthwhile exploring options to be able to make use of it throughout your property.

Feel free to ask more questions.

@Mustrum wrote:

Guessin you now have the new White Smart Router which does allow the WiFi bands to be split

No, it doesn't! That's its deficiency!

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Soz post updated, just back from the eye hospital and drops not worn off yet!

@Mustrum : Hope it gets better soon.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)