Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to a flat with EE but don't know how to start

Bojabo
Investigator
Investigator

Hi community,

I'm new to the UK and just moved to a flat where I found a EE smart hub already working. I want to use the EE broadband service but don't know where to start... Plus, I don't have an EE account.

I checked the availability of EE in my area. It says there is an existing EE Broadband line account at the address of the flat, and it shows an account number. But I don't know who owns the account. What should I do? Do I need to select "not my account" and set up a new account? Or should I choose the existing account number and get a new fibre plan? I don't quite know the difference. It would be perfect if anyone could explain that.

Besides, I've contacted the landlord as well. The landlord said if I can arrange payment for the following quarter, I will get an invoice in after the quarter for the next instalment. I don't quite understand what this means. Can I do as told?

Thank you for any advice! Living in a new country can be frustrating in terms of setting up all kinds of utilities. So I really appreciate any help!

4 REPLIES 4
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bojabo

Welcome to the community. 

If your landlord does not know about the account you will be required to set up a new account for home broadband. You'll get your first bill within four days of your broadband going live and any future bills will be available on the same day each month within your My EE account. We will also send you an email or text each month letting you know when your new bill is ready. 

Should you have any further questions please be sure to let us know, 

Katie 🙂

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

EE BB is not billed by quarters. Is your landlord suggesting the line is his & you should pay him by quarters? Otherwise I suggest you apply to EE for BB & you will take over the line & its payment.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thank you! I will talk to the landlord.

Thank you! I will talk to the  landlord to see what I should do.