cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from BT to EE Broadband -email & Norton

NigelTu
Investigator
Investigator

Just signed new order for EE Broadband 900 currently on BT fibre (not full). The BT currently has Norton, can’t seem to find what comes with the EE, seems confusing. Also does anyone know if there are any possible issues with BT mail service address. I am presuming that I won’t be required to take out a premium BT package that would be needed to retain full access with another SP. Posted as given up waiting on hold…..

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You can get Norton from your MyEE for BB: BROADBAND > Norton Security software > Norton security premium > Register & Download  

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
NigelTu
Investigator
Investigator

Just signed new order for EE Broadband 900 currently on BT fibre (not full). The BT currently has Norton, can’t seem to find what comes with the EE, seems confusing. Also does anyone know if there are any possible issues with BT mail service address. I am presuming that I won’t be required to take out a premium BT package that would be needed to retain full access with another SP. Posted as given up waiting on hold…..

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You can get Norton from your MyEE for BB: BROADBAND > Norton Security software > Norton security premium > Register & Download  

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks, is it an extra charge? As currently the BT account includes Norton as part of the package, if it not with EE theres a bit of a naughty going on with the sales team, it not comparing like for like in the weighting up the different packages. 

It's free for a year.

Storm500
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@NigelTu  You will keep your BT email addresses which you will be able access by web, apps or clients. They won’t transfer to EE but will remain with BT and administered using your current BT ID.

@XRaySpeX  Will it be free for a year as I assume that is for new EE customers. BT to EE transfer is classed as a regrade.

Thanks - will it’s be with the same function at EE, my understanding is that if I moved to say Virgin then I would have to take out a chargable premium service with BT to have full access to my historic emails. If have to do the same with EE I think will cancel the order!

Storm500
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@NigelTu  If you left BT then it would be downgraded so that you could only access it through a web browser or pay for access by apps or clients. Transferring to EE you will still have full access as you do currently.