cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving broadband account to other person

leothecat1
Visitor

I am currently the account holder for both mine and my ex-partner's broadband, we lived in separate houses. We have split up and I want to move my ex's broadband plan to a new account for him to manage. Does anyone know how I do this?

EE has info on mobile plans but not broadband. 

2 REPLIES 2
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@leothecat1   you would need to do this via customer services. The simplest way would be to get him to call and set up a new account to take over that broadband (and line).

However if you were still within the minimum term you would have to pay off any early termination fees. 

Whilst in theory he could take over the payments, the account would still be in your name so probably not something you would want.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You need to call CS with both of you available on the line to effect a change of ownership. You would be giving your assent to the transfer of ownership of the 1 specific line. He will need to pass a credit check. He will then be paying for just his contract. If you can't do it together CS will give you a password for him to quote when he calls.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)