cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile and internet account on 2 different EE Id after moving from BT

robjouk
Investigator
Investigator

As many of us here I have moved from BT to EE with the promise of one central place to manage your entertainment needs. I started my journey back on the early December with the trying to move my internet and mobile. The first internet move order did not through and after a second go by Bt they got it move on 16th. At the same time I was told by BT my mobile would move and however due to issues again my BT mobile number did not move till 2nd Jan. It was not easy process as advertised. However this was only the start of the problems as when the internet came over I had create my EE Id which at the time was told to use the email address used for Bt services, this did not work and after call to EE guide was advised to use different email address which I did. Then my mobile went live and I found this had been added to my old BT email address as EE ID. So I ended up with 2 EE Id. One  with my internet on and second with mobile and failed internet account. So since the end of December I have spoken to EE over 7 times and been promised so many times in 72 hours this will all be linked to one EE Id. To be fair to the ee guides they really try to help, but they send it to the backroom tech team and it never gets sorted. My last guide on Tuesday promised me by Friday it would all be sorted. It has not and I have spent hours speaking to guides having to explain what has happened to then be transferred till some one trys to help me. So how can we say to friends and family to move from Bt to Ee it is not easy. Also like many people here the app does not work controlling the wifi. EE really did not sort the these issues out, as customers we should have to go through all this. Anyway I need strength now to again try and sort my 2 EE ID account issue.

6 REPLIES 6
Paddy-B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @robjouk,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry you haven't been able to merge your Mobile and Broadband accounts. If you send me your details, I'll be able to take a look at this for you.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team. 

Thanks,

Paddy

garywood84
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I had a similar issue @robjouk, but eventually, EE did connect my broadband and mobile accounts. That worked initially, until the app stopped working properly to let me manage my broadband, and then, after a bit longer, the app stopped working at all, my accounts appear to have unlinked again, and because they had been merged, I now no longer have the broadband ID to log in. I am completely unable to access any of the information or settings related to my broadband, including my bills.

LordDick
Explorer

I'm also having the same issue.

Spoken to 150 twice, 2nd time for well over an hour with the option of continuing the call with BB department to ensure it would complete the account merger. I declined to continue (spoiler it didn't merge) as I've spent enough time trying to rectify the issue, it's not even worth my time vs a few quid. The agents I've spoken with have been very polite and helpful, but they seem as if they're winging it and/or are limited internally.

I'm amazed such an oversight was green lighted with the App. There's no way around it. Should such a basic functionality exist on the app? - then again, maybe it would be open to exploit. But you can change email addresses..

Don't get me started on the gimmicky "EE ID" nonsense. It's just your login details - same login details for the app, same login details on the website. Why add new terminology that's confusing, now we end up where we are. 

A LOT MORE EMPHASIS should be put into which details are entered when creating an account, it needs at least one confirmation page or button - I don't recall seeing anything, because sleek and streamlined is better right.

Those of us who use multiple emails are now left to suffer the torment of listening to call center background noise for hours on end, whilst the agent struggles to understand why nothing works on their system either.

Unfortunately I have this exact issue - I have a mobile account with 2 sims on it, and a broadband account with a different email. I've asked in store, I've tried calling, and I've tried live chat. Nobody seems to be able to merge them. I don't even care about the bills being different, it's just a pain having to log out and back in to a different email to manage my accounts. It's also a pain not being able to see what eligible upgrades etc I can get. 

I'm seriously considering switching my broadband to another provider when the renewal comes around. 

Having this same issue. I've not been able to get it sorted via phone calls, in store visits, website live chats. It's really frustrating. 

Paddy-B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @xerobiggs,

Thank you for posting. If you send me your details, I'll take a look at this for you.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  

Thanks,

Paddy