cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking email to new broadband account

Dccg
Investigator
Investigator

We had our switch over from BT to EE last monday and since then I have been trying to link my email to the account without success. The broadband is in my partners name. I already have a EE account for my phone.

Multi phone calls to customer service always end up with 'you have been added as an account administrator but it can take a few hours to go register'. Every new customer service phone call requires my partner to re-authorize me because I haven't been added as an account administrator. 

It's getting very frustrating as we cant use the app. (why the router needs the app and you can't do everything via the admin panel is another massive failing).

Everytime I try adding the broadband account in the app it says I need to go through further checks and have  to ring customer service.

Is there a way to sort this online without constant pointless calls to CS? 

1 REPLY 1
bberry
Visitor

I am not entirely sure what you are asking. From what I am reading, you are asking how to add your email address to your partner's account. I would assume this is to allow you to receive updates about the account? Also, I notice you stated that you have a phone with ee.

To begin with, your broadband account is seperate from your ee mobile phone account or app. Due to data protection and account security, one email account can be linked. If you want yours to be the primary then you will have to remove your partner's email account. This would mean, if the account is under their name then they would not receive updates.

Next, being an administrator is different and it is not the same as being added to the account. Being an adminstrator means you can make certain changes but anything relating to the account will need to be done by your partner since it is their account.

Therefore, adding your email address to your partner's account without removing their email address, I do not believe it is possible.