cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link two routers

Spudd3rs
Investigator
Investigator

I have a smart hub and a bright hub 2. I want to link them together. Ee say it’s not possible. Is this true? 

24 REPLIES 24

as i said im not an expert i said it works  i messed around with them both till i got it to work thats all im saying 

@michaelmaclean : You don't need to be an expert just to look at the routers' GUI, where you've obviously been before.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi @michaelmaclean ,

I'm a firm believer in "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Just be aware that you may have stumbled on a configuration that works and either it's a correct configuration, or it's an incorrect configuration that looks like it works.

Currently you have no issue so that's a fine place to leave things.

Obviously if you cabled two WAN ports together, that's not a standard configuration expected to immediately work. Potentially one of those two switch-ports is WAN/LAN so can be configured for either. Again, if it works, you can ignore things until it breaks (if ever).

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

thats my reckoning as well it works for me i have no need to change it, im happy with my broadband wifi in the house and the bar outside win/win until it goes wrong then i will try again lol

Hi . I got my 2nd router of ee smart hub. I couldn’t manage to get both online. 
i did setup new router by connecting direct internet cable( disconnected my old router). When new one setup complete then take off internet cable from new one and plugged back in old smart hub router. Take another Ethernet cable from old router and connect with new router main inlet . But it didt work and disconnect old router from internet as well. Can you help me to sort this out. I don’t have much knowledge about wps/vpn like these things. 
if it can b explained in simple words which can help me to set it up. Please 

many thanks

sony