New connection

smoggypete
Investigator
Investigator

We've just moved in to a new build and openreach have connected us today. Now BT will offer us fibre broadband but the EE system returns an error. Is this just a timing thing or will I have to sign up for a BT connection before I can switch to EE? 

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

What does BT Wholesale Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number or you don't have one, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
pip11
Scholarly Contributor
Scholarly Contributor

Merely timing. If the install only happened yesterday then the info needs time to populate throughout the different ISP's onto their websites. If you ring in though the ISP's have the info at the same time.

A tip, if you ring in then have the ONT serial number to hand as that is what registers the service to the property.