cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting an extender

WindyWeather
Investigator
Investigator

I've recently signed up with EE broadband (wifi 6). Previously I was with sky, and had our shed wifi connected for wifi with a tp-link RE650 AC2600 via a CAT7 ethernet lead and worked perfectly - 1st problem was that none of our devices would connect to the ee router apart from my phone and PC. Tech guy pulled the ethernet lead on the shed and everything connected seamlessly, except the upstairs tele(I'm working on that one for a fix).

He suggested fetching the extender in by the ee router and factory setting.  I've done that with and without an ethernet lead to the router, and it's having none of it!  My netgear extender works in the house, but doesn't have an ethernet port for me to use in the shed, and the signal definitely wouldn't be strong enough for over 50 meters up the garden from the house to the shed

Does anyone have any ideas, apart from forking out for a new extender, how I can overcome this problem?

2 REPLIES 2
JimM11
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@WindyWeather Have you tried logging into the router on web interface using 192.168.1.254, turning of the 5ghz wi-fi temp, and then when close by each other, re pairing on wireless with the wps on router and the tp-link? You may also want to adjust back to wpa2 - personal also on the wi-fi. To factory reset the tp-link, you need to push the pin reset on its side profile.

That's a bit beyond me sorry