cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband switch Help

Stx
Visitor

I'm looking to make the switch from BT, who i don't have a contract with anymore, to EE, and get the, Full Fibre Max Gigabit package. However it states I'll need an engineer to come out and the next available date is about 2 and a half weeks. So my questions are, will I have internet during the period in which I'm waiting for the engineer. And will I have to keep paying the bill with BT during this time while waiting for the engineer to set up the new internet or does the EE bill take over. I can't be without internet for that long and I don't want to be paying multiple bills. Any clarification would be great thanks.

1 REPLY 1
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

If you are switching like-for-like you should only lose your BB for about an hour or so when the engineer attends. You pay BT until it goes live with EE and EE thereafter. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)